We decided to put our enthusiasm into a friendly competition. (Anyone who knows us, especially Aaron, knows we like to compete... to put it mildly). So here is my invitation to anyone who is reading. We are doing a fondant cake challenge for all you amateurs out there. You have two weeks to make a fondant cake and send me pictures, which I will post on www.getyourcakeon.blogspot.com then for those who are not making a cake, you can go on and vote for your favorite. Everything is anonymous, of course, not to bias the voters. The rules and the recipe for marshmallow fondant is on the site. Let me know if you have any question, and have fun.
Aaron's first attempt at fondant...
Emily and I's first attempt at fondant...
Our inspiritation behind our swirly cake...
3 comments:
Hello Kusch Fam, this is Branden Allen (old friend of Erin's and I think I met Aaron once). Thanks for finding our blog and saying hello, it is so good to hear from you. Your little girls are very cute and that's crazy that you're in Minnesota...that's far and severely cold. How are all the other 209 girls? I noticed you all had a blog but I was denied access. Tell everyone hello for me, especially Woo. I noticed you're linked to Max and Maria Jenkins, how do you know them? From Utah St.? They're in our ward here, small world. They're an awesome family. Take care and I'll talk to you later.
Oh my...how I miss you guys. I don't know why but this is so funny to me. 'unleashed a beast'- who would have thought. I must say I am quite impressed with both cakes, but- Aaron- wow I didn't know you were so talented! I can't wait to see your cakes. Needless to say I am a baking idiot so I will not be entering a cake, but i can't wait to see your entires!
Now you've got me thinking...I love Ace of Cakes and I wish I was that talented!!
Post a Comment