Friday, August 22, 2008

Bringing back the "Gwyneth"

One of my best friends and cousin, Emily, is out here visiting right now. I convinced her to let me chop her hair. So while we were playing hair salon, Zoe decided she wanted to play as well. She snuck off with a pair of scissors and did some serious damage... the pictures tell the story.




The damage was pretty scary. I could not stop laughing. When we took her to get her hair done, we told her she was going to get it done like a fairy. Just like Tinkerbell's. This has made it so she is not even phased. Tinkerbell is her favorite fairy right now. She's taken it like a champ, I think I have been closer to tears than she has over her hair. When we took her to the real hair salon, they cut her a funky mullet... not too flattering. So when we got home I took matters into my own hands. I cut the mullet off and tried to recreate Gwyneth Paltrow's hair from Sliding Doors. I think it turned out pretty decent considering what i had to work with.

9 comments:

Megan said...

Oh, Erin! That's one of my biggest non-tragic fears! Well, the end result is great for you. Her hair is DARLING! That's one of those classic do's.

Kelltie said...

It is so funny and so NOT funny all at the same time! Her new haircut really is super cute though! Zoe can definately pull off the short hair cut. Good job on that!

Randy and Danielle said...

I must say, her new do is very cute on her, I actually love the new cut! So far,I have not had this type of incident with my kiddos...but it is only a matter of time I am sure.
Ps. We are moving to Boise, Idaho Sept. 7th, yahoO!

Dayton and Candice said...

Oh man!!! Yeah kids are too funny ( and naughty) I can't tell you how many kid haircuts I have fixed in my day.....I have to say you did a really good job!!! I think it look really CUTE!! and as it grows she could rock a way cute a-line cut!!

The Osborne Family said...

It turned out REALLY cute! Now, did you take her to the REAL salon or the house of learning? =)

A little thing called life! said...

Oh, Zoe at least you were able to fix it from when she was over on Thursday. Andy keeps making it very clear to alaynna that even though Ali {her older sister} and now Zoe {her best friend} cut their own hair, Alaynna is not to attempt it. Like you I would probably be more upset myself then what Alaynna would be

Brooke said...

Zoe makes me laugh, I am glad it turned out well....she looks way cute with short hair! I'm also sorry about your purse swimming in "Sin Juice!"

The Dinner Belle said...

Oh my goodness. She did some damage! But the new hair do is so sassy and cute!

onecent said...

LOL!! OH NO!!!!
She is so beautiful, that it looks great on her!!! not just any little girl could pull that off! quick thinking on the "tinkerbell" idea!
Penny