This happened a couple of weeks ago, but I have to share. When you have a newborn there really isn't anything you can get embarrassed about. Especially, when it involves poop. I can't control when Quinn poops. Although, I wish I could.
Quinn is an amazing pooper. I've never seen a baby so small have to push so hard to clear the bowels. She is also a very vocal defecater. It's cute when they are little... right?
Well, it was Sunday, and we were in Sunday school. We came in late and had to sit on the front row. There is no sneaking in the back in our ward. Quinn was starting to get fussy, so I had to stand with her to try and calm her down. I was on the end of the row against the wall, and didn't really have a clear route out to the hall. I decided to just stand in the front corner of the room and bounce her in my arms. Which she did just fine... until the closing prayer. I think the babes know exactly when to make their move to cause the most amount of embarrassment. As soon as the prayer started, I felt Quinn start to squirm, and then I felt her belly tighten. I knew what was coming... and oh did she let it come. She started ripping them left and right, and then she started grunting. At that point I couldn't hold back the giggles. Mind you the prayer is still going, and those in our corner of the room started to giggle too. There was nothing I could do. She was grunting so loud followed by some very powerful explosions. And the smell... no comment. I could hear Aaron laughing and everyone in our corner snicker with each grunt. Thankfully the prayer finally ended and the noise level in the room got louder to cover her "private moment." A little old lady caught me on the way out and said in her cute grandma voice, "Oh to be young again..." Wouldn't that be nice, if that could be our excuse for everything.
7 comments:
You might as well laugh because that's what gets us through the day. It is only embarassing when it is YOUR child doing it. I know there were plenty of people in the room that wished they could "let it out" like Quinn did. You know that's true.
Erin Olivia! My dear friend... hello! How are you? Don't worry, your parents told me your blog address yesterday in the temple at Megan's wedding. And so now I have FOUND you! I absolutely love your blog, it made me miss you so much more. You are so clever and you write so well - truly, a joy. Quinn's joyous explosions made me laugh aloud, alone here in my kitchen where no prayers are currently going on. So, as I'm sure the ward members in your corner thanked you in their hearts for the little giggle they were allowed, I thank you for the chuckle.
I've added you to my blog roll, as I promise to blog-stalk you from this day forth. So come see me at natalieandrhett.blogspot.com. I'll be waiting.
that is the funniest story. I thought ava had the loudest farts you think she was a man! I am always worried she is going to start doing her deep grunts and then rip one right in the middle of sacrament. ha ha glad it didn't happen to me. YET!!!!!
Oh man- I loved that! It seems like our little ones do seem to know the best moments to pull out their best. I loved Aarons facial hair pictures. Brian did that one time as well, but of course he looked more like the guys off the caveman show before he was even willing to start shaving it down! Brian no longer questions his manhood about "D.W.T.S"- in fact this time he told me that once Dylan has established his manhood then we could put him in dance, bucause who wouldn't want to grab half naked women! :)
Sounds like Ellis. He did that in the middle of a fireside and three rows of people turned around...it was so emabarassing.
HAHAHA!!! I actually remember when that happened!
THAT is hilarious Erin!! Thanks for the good laugh.
Post a Comment