7/8
Last night our class got the opportunity to go to General Mills to see their virtual store. The virtual store is a place where they can test merchandising concepts in an interactive and efficient way. The technology was very cool. I have had to set Planograms at Target before, so I know how tedious and time-consuming that can be. The whole entire time that we were there, I couldn't help but think about the technology and how it created a competitive advantage for General Mills. They talked about being a "category captain" for various retailers and how this technology enabled them to act as consultants to the retailers. I wish that they would have talked a little more about how they use this technology to do market research. There were several times when I wanted to ask a question about that, but I didn't get a chance because the presentation was running behind. I was left wanting to know a bit more about how this technology helped them discover what it was that the consumer wanted and what they respond to. All in all, it was a great opportunity to see how technology can help a company gain a strong competitive advantage.
No comments:
Post a Comment