This past weekend we headed down to Topeka, Kansas to visit my brother Ryan and his family. There were blessing Claire, their 5th child. My parents, and Brooke and her family were able to come. It was almost another mini family reunion. It was so much fun. Here is one highlight of many from our trip.
My clever niece Addy learned how to put a fly on a leash. We all laughed when she said she had seen it done. We were in awe when she actually did it! She caught a fly, put it in the freezer for a few minutes to slow it down, and then very carefully tied a string around it's head! It didn't really try to fly away, it just sort of hobbled there. The best part was she took the fly outside to see if would try to fly. She came back in a few minutes later looking really put out and "bugged." Apparently, the family cat, Colonial Jinx, also liked the fly on the leash and attached the leash fly. It was like shooting fish in a barrel for Jinx. All that was left was the fly's head. I don't think I've laughed so hard in a long time. Sorry, Addy.
2 comments:
What a great story! Miss you all.
Too funny! Wish we could have been there to see it.
I concur on Tenille from Hell's Kitchen...but I can't stand suzanne at all.
Post a Comment