Saturday, October 31, 2009

Pumpkin Carving Results

Thanks to everyone who voted! It's been fun talking with everyone about their favorites. We will be doing this again next year, now that you are all warmed up with your carving skills.

Here are your results:

The "Popular Vote" went to the Haunted House, submitted by... none other than myself... Erin Kusch from Minneapolis, Minnesota.


"Judges choice" for most eye-popping, creative, and all around awesomeness went to the Haunted House as well... I promise I did not rig the competition. The judges had no clue who submitted what.



There was also honorable mentions for Utah Up-Chuck submitted by Megan and Tyler Shaw, of Salt Lake City, Utah. The judges were both a pair of cougs, and they really enjoyed it.


Other Honorable mentions go out to:

The Wicked Tree submitted by Christy Wilson of Topeka, Kansas. Definately creative.



The Floozy created by Patsy Wilson of Provo, Utah. A lot of thought and hardwork went into this creation.


And because a lot of people were asking about it, Twilight-Schmilight created by myself as well, Erin Kusch.


Now that this competetion is over there have been lots of request for a Christmas gingerbread house contest. So stay posted for offical rules and deadlines.Thanks again to everyone who voted, submitted pumpkins or judgeD.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

5 comments:

Emily Wilson said...

I demand a re-count!!! I am sure that the spider pumpkin got more votes than that! oh well better luck next year.

Megan said...

YAY we got an honorable mention.... It was so fun we are for sure in on the gingerbread house

Francis Family said...

Okay wow- I thought you might have done Haunted House- but that with Twilight...amazing! I have to say I really enjoyed BYU/UTAH pumpkin and Floozy (love that your mom did that!!!)

Courtney said...

All I can say is WOW ... they all are so far beyond anything I can even imagine in my mind's eye, let alone carve.

Angie said...

Amazing pumpkins Erin. You're amazing! You are such an artist! And, I love your TOP/BOTTOM 5 lists.