Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A win-win situation

Zoe got a ton of candy from Halloween, and it's been a great bargaining chip for keeping Zoe in-line. Whenever she starts to lose it, and goes into tantrum mode, all I have to mention is the candy. If she doesn't snap out of the tantrum right away she starts too lose candy. I accumulated 20 pieces of candy in one day. Not a bad day's work for me. She doesn't get a time-out and I get candy. A true win-win situation. My Dad would be proud I'm impletmenting the principle. I remember the FHE from when we were little. I listened.

7 comments:

bfav said...

Yes, but do you lead by example? I also have the 5 basic principles FHE etched into my brain.

christy said...

Yeah, I think Ryan was paying attention to that one, too. The kids have lost loads of candy. I'm not so sure about the lead by example thing though.

Emily Wilson said...

Does the win-win also apply to pumpking carving...because if i can recall both of your pumpkins got petty high votes!

I didn't even buy candy this year...bummer...and I don't have any kids to steal it from! I guess I will just have to come there and share your loot :)

Plus I am interested in hearing about the 5 basic principles...

Sunny said...

Do you remember focusing on the problem not the person?

Erin said...

The only principles I remember are 1. Make it a Win-win situation
2. Focus on the problem no the person
3. Lead by example...

that's it. I guess I didn't listen that well. Granted, this was when we were in San Jose, so I was under 8 years old. Not too bad for a youngin'.

Francis Family said...

So do you want me to send you Brian's card for all her cavities...

Francis Family said...

By the way I was just kidding- of course!!!