Monday, November 9, 2009

Gingerbread House Contest

Okay, I hope it's not too soon, but there have been many requests for a gingerbread house contest for Christmas. I know it's a crazy time of year for everyone, so hopefully a earlier contest wont be to much trouble. Here are the rules:

- Deadline is Dec. 8th. (this way you'll be able to display proudly all month long)
- It must be edible! No fake houses.
- Use whatever ingredients you want. ( I banned graham crackers last year, but this year if it's easier for you or a family tradition, great... we welcome it.)
- There will be an award for "people's favorite" also a "judges choice" for most unique, creative, and displays all around awesomeness.
- email a picture to erinkusch@hotmail.com. Early submissions are welcome. (I know there are some that do their gingerbread houses over the Thanksgiving weekend as a family tradition).


There will be a prize mailed to the winner! So stakes are high. Have fun and good luck!

4 comments:

Renae said...

I think we will only be doing the mini houses from the Wilton kit this year. We've never done gingerbread houses before--such a lame mother I am.

But hey, maybe our cute little village will be contest worthy. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Mimi said...

so how do you make a house without "help". If I start one my kids want to help and I don't like help when the outcomes needs to be awesome! lol. Do you let your kids help Erin? I am refraining from saying I will enter because I did with the P contest and my pregnant belly/ gravity won over standing in the kitchen for a few more hours.

I am so excited to see them all. It's not a European tradition but it's certainly entertaining.

Erin said...

I let the kids "help" to an extent. Mostly I do the projects once they are in bed. It makes for late nights, but oh so worth it!

Alynda said...

I can't wait to see what everyone creates!!! I had my students vote on the pumpkins.