Monday, October 27, 2008

Do you spell it the same? - NO

I came across this old article that was written about Aaron and I when we were students at the good ol' BYU-Idaho. Click here to read. People are fascinated by our names. "How do you talk to each other?" Is one of the many questions we get... really? really? Don't ask this question. I lose respect for people when they ask us that question.

It really blows people's minds when we tell them my older sister married an Aaron, and I have a cousin with the name Erin Wilson (my maiden name). We now have many nicknames because our names are too much to handle... (i.e. Livy, Girl-Kusch, E-ron, A-ron, Boy Kusch, Kusch, Koosh, etc.. etc.. etc... you get the point) We answer to all of them (except "E.O.", I refuse to answer to this, sorry Sommer).

By the way, we will not be naming any of our kids Aaron or Erin. Another commonly asked question, which inevitabley comes with lots of follow-up jokes about calling for kids if a phone call is for them.

5 comments:

erin wilson said...

Erin Wilson's UNITE!!!! If I had to choose anyone to share my name with, it would be you!

Erin said...

Ohhh Thank You Erin! You're the best cousin ever. At least you are going to make the name famous. Congrats on Wicked! If it comes to Minneapolis... I'm there.

Renae said...

I knew a Terry and Teri who were married.

onecent said...

I think its fun! If you remember me saying, i have a good friend who has a younger sister named Aron, who married and Aaron, and their first baby was named Erin *something I forgot*. I have lost touch with her over the years, but I should totally find her again, and see if they had any other E/A/rons... they thought it would be funny to name all the kids that, and call them by their middle names...

Dayton and Candice said...

So I've been meaning to ask you something...But I would prefer to do it in person, And maybe just maybe you may not want to talk to me for the rest of our lives...Okay I'll just ask here--So when you heard Aaron's name, where you like "This is the man I'm gonna marry?"-- he he he , what's awesome is friends I've told your names to ask me the same dumb questions people ask you!! crazy people