Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I Need Mandi's Help!!

Reunite the Cousins!! It's official! We are RELATED! I just checked with my most reliable source(my sweet mother) and my Great Grandma Hayfen was a Gubler. Her maiden name was Gubler! I must meet Mandi!!! Vote for Me!!


A few months ago I came across Mandi's blog Vintage Revivals and I have been OBSESSED ever since. It got all my creative juices flowing again. It's been awhile since I've I took time for me and worked on something that I actually wanted to work on... i.e. furniture, frames, etc... instead of laundry, dishes, laundry, house chores, work, laundry etc. You get the point. I'm sure many of you reading this are the same way.

Anyway, I've been trying to figure out our sitting room in our house with it's sad bare walls, and even more sad frame with no family picture or any thing to go in it...



when low and behold on Mandi's blog there is a room makeover giveaway...



I'm gonna win, I'm gonna win, I'm gonna win!! I never enter anything, because I never win!!! I need to bottle up some of my sister Amber's luck and drink it by the gallon. (If you know Amber, she wins everything!!!)

So here are the pix of my sad room with too much furniture and sad walls that need a fresh coat of paint and super sweet stencil to make it a little more funky and inviting.



Look at all the POTENTIAL!!! And I even have a space for a Wall of Mirrors. (I've been starting to hoard mirrors from thrift stores... My husband really loves that I'm a hoarder now, hee hee).



And we have this great bay window with no SPLASH! What to do? What to do?


And can we say UGGGGGLLLLLLYYYYY!

If anyone can fix this chandelier- IT'S MANDI! When we moved into our house 2 years ago, I thought this little beauty would be the first thing to go... we all see how that worked out.

So there you have it! You must vote for me and Send Mandi out to my house to do a major remodel!! Even though I'm way over in Minnesota!! Minnesota needs some love too!

And as an added bonus: I think I might be related to Mandi. I have roots in southern Utah, and i'm pretty sure there is a Gubler in my family tree. Reunite the Cousins!! It's official! We are RELATED! I just checked with my most reliable source(my sweet mother) and my Great Grandma Hayfen was a Gubler. Her maiden name was Gubler! I must meet Mandi!!! Vote for Me!!

When the voting is open I'll post the link so you can all vote for me!

Love, Erin

4 comments:

JamieLynn said...

I will totally vote for you. Not only because you are my friend, but because that chandelier needs to go!

christy said...

I follow her blog, too, and I am going to vote for you one hundred times over. And I will post a link on my blog for everyone I know to vote for you a hundred times over. You have got to win this thing. She has such cool, funky taste. You would have a blast together. You've got to win, win, win!

Mandi @ Vintage Revivals said...

Love the post lady! And I love the first comment too!! THis woud be such a great space to "revivalize" or "Craptify" which ever. Thanks for linking up and good luck!

Love your guts
mandi

Courtney said...

Voted for you.