I actually kind of liked the soft yellow color, but needed something more modern. The fabric was compliments of a sweet sale on Fabric.com. I believe it took about three yards at $5/yard. It wasn't too bad to redo. I ended up ditching the idea of doing a full reupholster job, and opted for a more fitted slipcover... my glorified slipcover turned out pretty good. Just don't look too close. Total cost for my new chair: $25
I love to look over to my new chair. It brightens my day. It definitely makes the living room brighter. Also, take note of the killer pillow. I finally learned how to do a ruffle. My sewing skills are very VERY basic, and I finally figured it out So I copied a pillow I saw out there in the blogging world and made this funky little thing. Some people in my household... (aka Aaron)... don't love the pillow, but at least he was proud of my sewing skills with the chair.
Also, take note of the old antique trunk! I found this beauty on craigslist for super cheap, and then talked the guy down even more! Woot, woot! Bonus, inside the trunk were some old aged newspapers from 1970 with some pretty sweet ads on them. I'm trying to figure a cool way to display them. Any ideas?
8 comments:
Impressive skills! I love the yellow! Want to share your secrets? How did you make a slip cover that fit so well?
Love the chair and the trunk, good finds!
Love the chair AND the pillow. Mad skills...you've got 'em. Nice work. Love the fun fabric you chose for the chair, too.
I really like the chair and the pillow. The truck is great and I can't wait to see it all in your family room. Oh yes - that's comming up really soon! I'm proud of you for trying something new.
I'm impressed with the chair - good work!
You guys are AWESOME! I have been dying to learn to re-upholster and re-do our chair, but the task is certainly daunting and that slip cover idea is brilliant. What a cheery color! You guys are cool. Wish we lived closer so I could glean some of your mad skills!
LOVE it! I'm so impressed! I love the pillow! Good job!
They both turned out Super cute! And love the bottom 5!
Post a Comment