Aaron and I did our first 5k this past weekend. We decided we are going to start running, and that is can be something we can do together. Which is always nice, to have something just the two of us can do. I have to admit, I really did not enjoy it. I'm not a runner... yet. I'm still in the "I don't like running" phase. I'm trying to get over it. It was so hot and muggy, I was grumbling to myself the whole last 1/2 mile. We had to run directly into the sun, and it was not fun.
Surprisingly, I have to admit, once I crossed the finish line of this little 5k there was a rush of accomplisment. It was a big enough of a rush to make me want to do another one. Aaron enjoyed the race more than I did, and we've decided we are going to make ourselves runners. He's already found another race for us to do.
Also, we have been converted to Chi Running. My sister clued us into this new running technique that is easier on your joints. Both Aaron and I have really bad knees and running usually hurts, but after our race neither one of us had any pain in our knees. I'm a believer. Here is video if you are interested. It's pretty interesting. Sorry it's a long video.
5 comments:
Erin I'm so proud of you guys! And way to stick with it even though you don't "love" it. It will get easier, I promise. And it's such an awesome thing to do as a couple. Saturday was miserably hot, that's another thing. Running is much more pleasant in cooler weather. Way to go and thanks for the cool Chi running tips! My core sucks! I paid for it too after the marathon. I'm gonna have to work on that.
Cool! That's a great video! What great tips...some of which (like the hip thing) took seeing a few different physical therapist to find out. Congrats on your first race together! Funny, your reaction after the race was to do it again and mine was "never again." Kyle's trying to convince me to do a marathon this fall...we'll see about that!
ich bin impressed livy, ich bin.
You guys are my Hero's!!! I am not quite there but just started running and holy crap......I'm special but not in that cool you get to ride the bus kind just..But I will not give up! The video was pretty cool I will attempt to harness my Chi on my next run!
Glad I made you a believer. The book explains it in more detail of what to do ...I'll bring it to the reunion.
Post a Comment