Saturday, May 30, 2009

Craigslist Thieves

I know there are many sceptics when it comes to craigslist. True, you have to be smart about things when selling or buying. However, we stumbled across a bed for Zoe this morning, that turned out to be a crazy. We saw a listing for a free twin bed frame and mattress. There was no picture so I assumed it was probably pretty gross. We thought we would be able to salvage the metal frame for the most part and buy a mattress from a store. However, when we showed up to pick it up, it was actually a double/full frame and mattress from IKEA. She said it was only a year old. She is moving to Colorado tomorrow and had to have the bed gone. It looked brand new and wasn't just a metal frame. It was a sturdy wood bed. It was all really clean and in good shape. I was shocked! I didn't want to give anything away, and let her know she could of gotten a lot of money for her bed. When Aaron and I got home we looked up the total price what it would have cost us to purchase the bed new. Any guesses????...

.... $410!!!....
Between the mattress, bed frame, and the slats that serve as a box spring. The ironic thing was, we were in IKEA shopping when she called letting us know we could pick up the free bed.

GOTTA LOVE CRAIGSLIST!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Erin! You guys lucked out! what a great deal. wish i had some luck like that.

christy said...

Glad you got such an awesome deal. Hooray!

Natalie said...

score for YOU!!! I'm just posting two mattresses (and everything else in our storage unit) on KSL, so if any of you folks in Minnesota want cheap furniture, its all yours! All you have to pick it up. In Utah.

Sunny said...

You always know how to find a deal. You've got skills.