Friday, September 26, 2008
I'm in trouble
My sweet Quinn, who is now 11 months old, is going to give me a run for my money. The girl can not stay out of cabinets, toilets (that's the newest one, yeah :( ....), and just the bathroom in general. She has learned how to climb out of her high chair, crib, and over all my baracades. I can not keep this kid contained. She is still crawling... THANK GOODNESS!!!... I don't want to know what she will be like when she starts walking. She crawls into walls, and when she does her turbo crawl she trips over her hands! So not coordinated. The kid is going to have a permanent bruise on her forehead. People are going to think I abuse my kids. We lovingly refer to "time-outs" as "beat-downs," and I've already been caught with Zoe screaming, as she was being taken out of sacrament, at the top of her lungs... "I don't want a beat down Mommy, Noooooo!" Not my finest hour.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yea that was pretty funny to hear in church. I didn't know exactly what a "beat-down" was, but I was pretty confident it wasn't what it sounded like.
Sorry had to laugh, last week a couple in our ward has 2 girls ( ages 4 and 3) They just welcomed a brother like 8 mon. ago-- When we were sitting there listening to someone talk the 3 year old asked her dad Jeff "So Callen has a penis like you dad? That is so cool I want a penis too!" Dayton had to leave the chapel and I had Dax and Cam looking at me like I was crazy w/ the tears streaming down my face!! it was awesome-- kids you gotta love em'
I really had to laugh - sorry about that. Do you remember with Zoe how you "helped" her to learn to crawl and walk? (You know we all did it with our first ones) Then with Quinn you don't want her to get up and walk quite yet. Kids will say all kinds of things in public (and most often they wait until it is somewhere completely inapropriate and quiet) and say, very loudly, something you don't want them to. Sigh - it is the circle of parental life.
Post a Comment