Thursday, August 20, 2009

Minnesota Tornadoes!!!

What is with all the tornadoes lately? We had more touch down yesterday. Aaron had to be evacuated to the basement/bunker of the office building downtown. He said you new it was really bad if Target made you evacuate. They never send them to basement. Another one passed right over our house apparently (I was looking for it, but didn't see anything), but didn't touch down. It caused some bad wind damage a few blocks away, and eventually touchdown a few miles away. Crazy. And for some reason the kids loved it. They ran around pretending to be weather watchers. It was just an odd day yesterday. Here is a link to some images of the damage/storm yesterday. (It wouldn't let me save the images, so you get the link)

http://wcco.com/slideshows/tornado.downtown.minneapolis.20.1135427.html

And this one is just for effect... not an image of yesterday's tornado.


Oohh, this just looks so scary. I am glad I did not see anything like this yesterday.

4 comments:

christy said...

What's up with that? We're the ones that live in Kansas and you get more tornadoes than we do. I'm not complaining, though. Just think it's crazy. Glad they've gone over or around you every time.

Natalie said...

Oh my gosh. Are you kidding me? I watched the slideshow of the damage. It's so sad about all those really old HUGE trees - I can't believe they could just get pulled up from the roots like that! And seriously, the metal ladder sticking straight out of the side of a house??? It made me say "Whoa" out loud to my computer screen. Yikes. You better practice huddling in the bathtub with a matress on your heads or something.

Alynda said...

This made the new on Good Morning America today. These are the kind of things that happen WHEN we are there not the week after! So glad you all made it unharmed. This is a good story to be able to tell in the future.

Sunny said...

Scary Livy. And why are you looking out windows as possible tornadoes go by instead of in your basement?
You're brave Livy.