We went ice skating the other weekend as a family. It was pretty sweet, a little cold, but a good time. Every winter the city floods the fields in most of the parks and sets up free ice rinks everywhere. This is the land of Hockey fans. It's pretty humbling to see 3 and 4 year olds outskating you on the pond. Aaron found some sweet iceskates for Zoe, and promised to teach her, so we set out for the first ice skating lessons. Even Quinn enjoyed the ice.
Lacing up. Quinn in her "Christmas Story" suit was probably the warmest of all of us.

Pushing a chair to help keep her balance.


Quinn getting some Daddy-skate time.

I don't need skates to slide on the ice.

Quinn just hanging out.
10 comments:
It looks like you guys had such a great time! That is awesome that you guys are teaching Zoe to skate! I guess she has to though living in the state of hockey, right? ;) I love the picture of Quinn hanging out on the bench too! I wish I had a snow suit like hers for this weather. You guys sure have some cute girls!
Oh the pictures are so cute. I love the family you have added to your home page. Can you send me the file so I can print one for the piano? I would love. You look great!
Sooo cute!! That's so awesome that there's free ice skating. Your girls are going to have such awesome memories as they grow up! You guys are awesome parents!! miss you guys so much! I wish we lived closer I would've been out there with you guys!
"I can't put my arms down!!" -Quinn
How fun. I want to go ice skating. Havn't been at all yet with my kids. It looks like you guys had a GREAT time. It is FREEZING here i Utah too by the way. I am soooo ready for Summer already. LOVE your family picture too. SO CUTE!
What a fun little family adventure. I think it is sweet that they set that up for everyone to use- I love free! Quinn in her snowsuit is classic and Zoe looks like she was having a blast. I still need to call you sometime and catch up!
I forget you're up next to the Canooks. Ice hockey madness. Our next door neighbors are Canadians. They blocked off the whole culdesac on Christmas Day to play hockey. And did you know - the only place in Utah I've ever seen the flooded-park-ice-rink is up in Huntsville where Rhett is from. I love it! Speaking of which... I have some pics to post of it!
MISS YOU.
Hey livy, just wanted to say that is a super cute picture of your family at the top.
I cannot believe how cold it is there. I am not jealous. Love the ice skating pics and quinns snowsuit. she has gotten so big.
I love the new family picture!!! You are lookin' quite beautiful, I might add :) Quinn is getting so grown up w/ her lil' pig-tails! And I am sorry you are freezing, if it makes you feel any better--You helped me have a reality check--it's been cold and I was crying about it....Yeah I quickly shut up after I checked in w/ your blog :)
Post a Comment