Monday, February 14, 2011

Toddlers and Tiaras

"Toddlers and Tiaras" seems like a really creepy shows with underachieving parents trying to force their children to be overachievers. I've only caught glimpses of the show via "The Soup," however, it still creeps me out...

but, I have to admit it is fun to doll up my girls every now and again. Quinn was watching me get ready the other morning and really wanted her hair curled - no big deal. I then moved onto my make-up and she started to beg.. so then we did the whole nine yards... mascara, blush, lip gloss etc... it was pretty fun. I only did little amounts, it's hard to tell in the photo. Maybe next time we will do a whole "toddlers and tiaras" production.



Zoe's first big project for school. For the 100th day of kindergarten she was suppose to bring in a collection of 100 things. Of course we forgot about it until the night before, and the only thing we had a 100 of were valentine candy corn. So we made some sweet candy flowers (grouping them in 10s). I think Zoe was feeling pretty good about her project. She couldn't wait to show her teacher and class.



When I gave Zoe the idea on how to arrange them like flowers for their groups of 10, she thought I was just about the coolest Mom ever. She even said, "Wow, Mom you are amazing and so creative." I'm not going to lie, I rocked at kindergarten when I was her age. We will see how well I do once she moves up to 1st grade.

Happy Valentines's Day!

Avery update: I tried to give her bananas for the first time as her valentine's treat, but she hated them and got really mad when I offered them to her a second time. Apparently the girl likes her smelly formula and bland rice cereal.

4 comments:

Tami's Eclectic Corner said...

You are an awesome mom! Way to think of those flowers! I would have just glued 100 candy corn all over the place. You rock!

bfav said...

Ah the 100 things for 100 days. Love it. Quinn's a super cutie even if she goes the pageant route now and then.

Dayton and Candice said...

Eron..I just love you and your posts! The flower ides was just as awesome as Zoe said!! And Im laughing about Avery liking teh "bland" stuff Gus the the exact way!! He's nearly one and still is not too excited about me trying to feed him some of the good stuff :) And Quinn sure looked adorable....Yeah only seen clips on the Soup too....Seriously that show gives me the Creeps!!

christy said...

Hi this is Addy. I love this show it is my second favorite show on TLC, Cake Boss is number one. I do think some parts are crazy like spray tanning a 6 month old! But I don't think that pageants are completely insane. I would never put my kids in pageants though. Once there was a mom who thought tons of makeup was crazy so her daughter was natural no spray tanning, makeup, or eyebrow waxing. They ended up winning grand supreme (highest ranking), just saying that not all moms are insane.