
It's that time of the year again! The Spud Run 5k. Last year Aaron and I ran it, and had so much fun, we decided to make it a tradition every year. This time we decided to make it a family affair... you know what they say... the family that runs together, stays.. together? Maybe not. We had a blast.
Aaron ran ahead of us pushing Quinn in a jogger stroller. Which is not an easy task he found our early on in the race. Our jogger is a little awkward, plus add the 30lbs. kid inside, and he said it was so tiring on his arms. He didn't realize hard much harder it would be to run without your arms. He had an awesome time considering though!
Zoe and I ran at the back of the pack. I thought I was in for it when she started complaining after the first 1/2 mile. We had convinced our good friends the Hamiltons to run it with us, and they brought their kids as well. So between Jen and I at the back we had four kids with us. It was so much fun, and no one judged our pace because we had all the kiddos with us. Lots of people we cheering us and the little ones on. Zoe's feet were hurting her, so I did have to carry her on my back on the last mile, but once I put her down she had renewed energy! We finished strong, and as soon as we crossed the finish line Zoe could not stop talking about how much fun she had, and can't wait for next year.
7 comments:
What a great family tradition. I love the picture.
Sounds like fun! I love this week's lows...the bird thumping happens all the time at our house. We've even had times where there are feathers on the window afterwards!
LOVE this!! So cool that you ALL ran it together. And you get extra awesome points for running while prego! WTG girl!
Oh and I have to say that I'm drooling over your father's day meal! That sounds amazing!!
"Way to go Idaho!" I love the family fun run idea. It was soooo good getting to see you...I hope you didn't mind too much that I posted the picture, you look fabulous!
So fun! And I love that people cheered you on because of the kids.
Woo hoo. 5k is a perfect race. Goodonya for taking the kids.
remind me when it is next year. I'll come, too. Was I gone this time around?
Post a Comment