Thursday, July 9, 2009

I'm domestic!

I always remember Mom making dried apricots, apples, bananas, etc... when I was young. I remember always loving to eat them too. I also remember thinking, "Oh that's so old fashion...," "It's just her generation thing." Well, I have to say, I was super excited when my food dehydrator was delivered yesterday. I even made a late night trip (11:30pm) to the grocery store to make sure I had everything for this morning. I'm a super geek, and I feel so domesticated. I hope the girls grow up thinking, "Oh, my Mom is so old fashion too." I'll take it as a compliment.

Here is a sad picture, it doesn't do it justice. And don't you worry, I also made fruit roll ups!




On a side note... a very random side note, I had left over strawberry puree from my fruit roll up mixture. So I figured I would make a killer jamba juice with it, and show the kids what a great Mom I am. I spent a summer during my high school days working at Jamba juice, and I know a thing or two. So I threw together this great Caribbean passion, and all the kids are loving it, except one. I watch this little boy named Jack, and he is a super picky eater. I should have known he wouldn't like it. He took two sips and gave it back. My pride took a hit. What kid doesn't like a Jamba!?! At least the others lapped theirs up like little dogs. No drops left in their cups.

5 comments:

christy said...

Congratulations on your fabulous domesticity! I wish I was there for a little Jamba juice!

Sunny said...

Yes, now that you're super domestic are you taking orders? If so, I'd like some banana chips. Those are my favorite!

Natalie said...

You rock. That's all I can say.

Amber King said...

Well done Livy! Dried fruit is delicious.

. said...

I remember going to your house and peeling off the fruit roll ups your mom made. those were so good!